So many different types of hair color are available in the market. Nowadays hair coloring has become a style trend but it has become necessary for some people, who have gray hair.
It is often seen that now a day’s hair becomes white at a very young age. Usually, we have to keep our hair dyed or keep coloring when the hair is discolored or seems abnormal,
So nowadays several hair colors are being used to make our hair colored and give a different party look as well.
Different types of hair color available in the market
1. Permanent hair dye
we discover that if we want a long-lasting color permanent dye is best for you. Permanent hair dye requires chemical processing—it penetrates your hair, so the results last longest.
This type of dye can be used to help lighten, darken, or tone your color, cover grays, and provide full coverage.
If you want a long-lasting color permanent dye is best for you.
As the name suggests, the permanent hair dye is a long-lasting color. Permanent dyes can be more damaging to your hair locks as the chemicals are stronger than those used in temporary hair colors, Only the but the result is it will last longer.
Permanent hair dye brands are available in the market are like –
L’Oreal, MatrixSocolor, Revlon, Organic black Gel hair color, etc.
2. Semi-permanent hair color (temporary hair color) –
Semi-permanent hair color is a gentle alternative to permanent dye with a shorter option. It deposits color onto the surface of your hair and brightens up your hair.
It is a deposit of the only color, which means it cannot make hair lighter. Like temporary hair color, semi-permanent hair color is not mixed with any developer cream or oxidant. It can only deposit depth and tone and usually lasts between 12 and 15 washes.
Semi-Permanent hair dye product available in the market-
like – Indus Vally Natural Gel hair color, Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color, L’Oréal Colorista Semi-Permanent Hair Color, Ion Color Brilliance Semi-Permanent Bright Hair Color, Garnier Black Naturals Oil Enriched Cream Hair Colour, etc.
3. Wash out hair color (temporary hair color) –
If you want to experiment with different hair colors, the best option to go with is the temporary hair dyes.
Wash out hair color, or temporary hair color is a type of hair dye that you may have guessed—washes out in just one shampoo.
This temporary hair color spray allows you to experiment with color and instantly get bold looks.
This hair color is seriously stunning and was made for your dark hair locks.
Wash out hair color, or temporary hair color product available in the market like –
Bblunt One Night Stand Temporary Hair Color, BBlunt One Night Stand Temporary Hair Color, Loreal Paris Magic Retouch, Caboki Hair Building Fibre, etc.
4. Ammonia free hair dyes
Ammonia free hair dyes are composed of monoethanolamine. This is less damaging than ammonia but the excessive use of it can still cause hair damage.
Bleaching –It is good for lightening your natural hair color. It removes the hair color from your hair by the process of oxidation. Too much bleaching can cause the hair color to appear yellowish.
5. Natural hair color –
Natural hair color is the best hair coloring method. It has no side effects. we found different types of natural color by natures like Mehandi for red color, brighten Color With Tea, Enhance Red Hair With Carrot Juice, coffee for dark color etc.
What are the side effects of hair dye?
There are a lot of side effects so that you need to be aware of it.
- Damage hair- Hair colors contain ammonia and peroxide that neutralize the natural pigment in your hair and damages hair. Permanent hair dyes contain ammonia and peroxide. Peroxide strips away the natural color of hair and thus exposing your hair to these chemicals regularly can cause your hair to lose luster, break easily and even lead to eventual hair fall.
- Effect on Pregnancy – Especially pregnant women should not use it because it causes malignancy in the unborn infant. Colouring hair can prove to be fatal for the unborn infant of pregnant women as it may cause malignancy.
- Asthma – Hair dyes contain persulfates which can aggravate asthma. When we inhale these chemicals, it causes coughing, wheezing, lung inflammation, throat discomfort, and asthma attacks.
- Rashes – people who have dermatitis can have a severe reaction. People with eczema and psoriasis should avoid hair dyes. Not only this, but it can also cause itching, skin irritation, redness, and swelling.
- Hair fails – This is one of the most common side effects of hair dyeing. his is because of all of the chemicals that are present in the dyes that will strip away any moisture from your hair.
- Cancer – Laboratory experiments have proven that PPD can damage human DNA cells and cause cancer. But, whether the small amount of PPD found in hair dyes is capable of causing such damage has not yet been established.
Solutions to Restrict Side Effects of Hair coloring
- Avoid using permanent hair dye as much as you can possibly.
- Always do a strand test before you go ahead and dye the entirety of your hair with the dye.
- Hair dye without ammonia.
- Use natural hair dye.
- Aways use semi-permanent hair day or one wash hair dye
- Use products from trusted brands
- Use Mehandi to color your hair.